03 June 2011

May reads...

Last month for my birthday I got a Kindle, and I love it!

I love to read, but books can be expensive, I need time, and I hate buying something not knowing if I will like it and then having it sit on my shelf forever.  Enter Kindy!  I love the compact design - it's light and small enough to fit in my purse.  I love having all of my books in one place and being able to take them with me everywhere.  I have read more these past few weeks than I have in years, and I remembered how I love getting lost in a good book.  I also love that I can put my scriptures and any pdf or word file on my Kindle, and enjoy reading the Ensign without having to cary the magazine around.  I hope to write about my reading monthly so that I can record my thoughts and impressions, and remember what books are my favorites.  Most of the books I read this month were free Kindle books!
In May I read:

The Call of Zulina
A great read about the daughter of a slave trader who helps to lead the slaves in a revolt in her search for her own freedom.

Hide in Plain Sight
Mystery, Amish people, and love - what more can you ask for?  It was interesting.

Stuck in the Middle
Chick flick in book form...  I found myself falling in love with the handsome doctor myself.

What I Wish I'd Known When I Was Single
I love John Bytheway.  This book was packed with his good humor and great quotes from general authorities.  Loved it!

Making Waves
Another chick flick... pretty good.

The Hunger Games series
It seems that all my friends, and even some of my teachers, were recomending this book (except Ben.)  I must say I loved it.  It kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time, and it definitely will be in my "to read again" list!  (You know the one - it also has Harry Potter, Ender's Game, and The Chronicles of Narnia)  A new favorite!

Till next month, keep readin'!